Ferienort Bad Hofgastein bei Abenddämmerung
The charming valley at the border of the Salzburger Land and Carinthia is surrounded by the impressive mountain world of the Hohe Tauern. A holiday in the Gastein Valley is a getaway satisfying all senses.
Your holiday highlights in Gastein
The Gastein Valley is dotted with charming villages, all of them offering a wide range of great sports and relaxation opportunities. No matter if you’re travelling on your own, together with your partner or with the entire family: Gastein is always worth a visit!
- Activities in spring and summer:
- Golfing: Gastein golf course offers perfect opportunities for all skill levels.
- Swimming: at Solarbad Dorfgastein and the swimming lakes of Gastein
- Cycling: The valley is criss-crossed by various panoramic cycling trails .
- Climbing: Anger Alpine and Ski School offers outdoor climbing lessons with rental equipment.
- Yoga: Find your inner balance in the mountain world of Gastein.
- Outdoor playground: at the Schlossalm located at over 2,000 metres above sea level
- Activities in winter:
- Skiing and snowboarding: at four ski resorts in the majestic mountains of the Hohe Tauern
- Cross-country skiing: on more than 40 kilometres of cross-country skiing runs
- Ski mountaineering: on signposted routes along the Graukogel, Junger- and Stubneralm
- Winter hiking: through the splendid winter landscape
- Tobogganing: at Bellevue Alm or Aeroplan toboggan run
- All-year highlights:
- Carriage rides: through the charming Gastein Valley
- Wellness: at Alpentheme and Felsentherme spa
- Trail running: on different trails for beginners, advanced runners and professionals
- Flying Waters: Soar high above the Gastein Valley!
- Paragliding: Are you ready for a tandem jump from Fulseck in Dorfgastein
Pretty much all holiday guests take at least one photo of the picturesque historic centre of Bad Gastein during their stay. After all, strolling along the belle époque architecture is an unforgettable experience. What’s more, Bad Gastein’s Felsentherme spa with its healing caves as well as the village’s many restaurants offer plenty of opportunities to relax and get pampered.
Leisure skiers love the Graukogel ski resort with its 14 kilometres of perfectly groomed slopes and sunny descents. Powder heads can hop on one of Sportgastein’s three lifts to get to the best Freeride spots of the Alps. With its mountain station located at 2,686 metres above sea level, Sportgastein is the highest non-glacier ski resort of the Salzburger Land province, offering 18 kilometres of slopes.
The health resort of Bad Hofgastein is the heart and soul of the Gastein Valley. Recharge your batteries in the healing thermal waters of the Alpentherme spa or take an energising hike on the valley’s many sunny hiking trails.
Bad Hofgastein also offers great skiing opportunities, with the Schlossalm-Angertal-Stubnerkogel ski resort being the biggest and most modern ski resort of the entire Gastein Valley. The family-friendly ski region boasts 21 lifts and more than 87 kilometres of slopes and can conveniently be reached from Bad Hofgastein as well as from Bad Gastein. By the way: Did you know that the snow park on Stubnerkogel is always perfectly shaped for beginners as well as pros?
For some impressive panoramic views head to the Glocknerblick viewing platform, the 140-kilometre suspension bridge or the rock trail.
In need of a break? Simply drop by at one of the 13 comfortable mountain huts and enjoy the mouth-watering treats served there!
The charming village of Dorfgastein is your gateway to the Gastein Valley. Don’t miss: From end of August until October, you have the chance to taste numerous regional delicacies during the “farmer’s autumn” festivities!
Did you know? Klammstein Castle, Gastein’s oldest building, also serves food! Eat in a very special atmosphere in front of the open fire and take a tour of the ruins from the 12th century.
Winter sports athletes can choose from a total of 17 cable cars and lifts taking them up to 73 kilometres of perfectly groomed slopes. With plenty of red and blue slopes, the ski resort is a perfect choice for families!
Our accommodation tip for the Gastein Valley holiday region? The perfectly equipped AlpenParks Hotels & Residences, combining lifestyle with comfort!
Residence Bad Hofgastein
Situated in a quiet location, yet close to the centre of Bad Hofgastein, the bright and modern AlpenParks Apartments are only a stone’s throw from Alpentherme Gastein spa. As a guest of AlpenParks, you even get to enjoy their 32,000-square metre water and sauna landscape for free!
The AlpenParks team wishes you an unforgettable stay in the Gastein Valley!